Wednesday 17 November 2010

DVD Menu Work 6 - Moodboard and Characters

Having finished my Moodboard for a childrens animated film, I have moved on to planning how i want my dvd menu to look. I've started designing characters and brainstorming what kind of animations i will use for my menu.

Here's my moodboard for a childrens animated film:


As you can see here, I have selected a wide range of characters to use on my moodboard.



The type of person the animation is aimed at greatly effects the style of the animation itself. Here I have chosen two characters that I feel shows this. Zoro (left) looks a lot darker and accentuated then Patrick (right) this is because Zoro is from an animation aimed at a teenage-Adult audience, where as Patrick's audience is primarily young children. The shading and detail on Zoro is high because the audience is more developed, whereas Patrick has no shading and looks rather 2D in comparison.

After taking this into account I created some characters in Photoshop:



I like how this came out, but it doesn't seem to really fit the style of my menu so I tried again to make something a bit less serious and I came up with this Wizard here:


Now that I have my characters created It's on to making the menu itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment